Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baseball Quotes

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.
- Bob Feller

This is a game to be savored, not gulped. There’s time to discuss everything between pitches or between innings.
- Bill Veeck

The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love.
- Bryant Gumbel

The triple is the most exciting play in baseball. Home runs win a lot of games, but I never understood why fans are so obsessed with them.
- Hank Aaron

People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
- Rogers Hornsby

The trouble with baseball is that it is not played the year round.
- Gaylord Perry

It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
- Hank Aaron

You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possible be - in baseball and in life.
- Pete Rose

Baseball is the only place in life where a sacrifice is really appreciated.
- Anonymous

A baseball fan has the digestive apparatus of a billy goat. He can, and does, devour any set of diamond statistics with insatiable appetite and then nuzzles hungrily for more.
- Arthur Daley

Baseball is like a poker game. Nobody wants to quit when he’s losing; nobody wants you to quit when you’re ahead.
- Jackie Robinson



From : Baseball Quotes

No comments: